Our essential objects are:
- To promote health and friendly association for gays and lesbians, principally through outdoors activity
- To conduct activities that includes both members and non-members
Our Activities include:
- Bushwalks, hikes and camping trips (usually two or three times a month)
- Suburban and historical walks
- Mountain biking
- Train excursions
- Restaurant get-togethers
- Mardi Gras Bushdance
- A ski week at Perisher (once a year for various grades)
Skills and fitness requirements vary depending on the activity, so no matter what your experience or interest SCOG will have something for you.
Amongst our annual events is the Australian Gay Ski Week, this year from in August from the 2nd (Sunday) to the 7th (Friday). This will be our 6th year at Sundeck, above the lifts in front valley at Perisher, and is suitable for skiiers and snowboarders of all levels.