The European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation (EGLSF) was founded in 1989. Its aims are to:
- fight against discrimination in sport on grounds of sexual orientation
- stimulate integration in sport and emancipation of lesbians and gays
- enable and support the coming out of gay and lesbian sports men and women
- exchange information and enable co-ordination between European sport groups and tournaments
- support the founding of new gay / lesbian / bisexual / straight / transgendered and mixed sport groups
We are a federation which is open to gay, lesbian, straight and mixed sport groups and organizations. At the moment this network has more than 15,000 members within over 100 organisations and sport groups. In the EGLSF all member organisations are autonomous: the Federation is operating as a servicing and co-ordinating body.
We promote, amongst other things, the organisation of EuroGames, the European Gay & Lesbian Championships. The last EuroGames 2012 were held in Budapest, Hungary.
The next games will be